HUST Press Release:
The Supporters’ Trust is pleased to announce that it has applied for the renewal of Edgar Street football ground as an Asset of Community Value. The original application was made in 2013 and it is eligible for renewal every 5 years.
Trust Chairman, Richard Tomkins, says “This is probably the most important document I will ever sign, as I’ve done so on behalf of all Hereford FC supporters. I believe we have an even stronger case now than we did 5 years ago”.
In summary our Edgar Street home:
* Promotes the enjoyment of sport throughout the community, and through activities of the Hereford FC Academy
* Serves as a focus for community pride, providing Hereford with a shared history and heritage
* Helps build a sense of community identity, bringing together a range of ages and social and economic backgrounds
* Provides local people with an inclusive social environment
* Engages fans in the support of local charitable causes
* Provides economic benefits to local traders. Increased customer footfall in the city has been very evident on matchdays. Fans Surveys of the past 2 years tell us that 40% of those attending a match also patronise those local businesses and over 70% bring others with them for shopping
* Is the subject of considerable coverage in the local and national media, the club having achieved three successive promotions from a regional league to National North, the sixth tier of English football, and playing high profile FA Cup matches
* Represents the city and county nationally, for instance the FA Vase Final at Wembley was watched by over 20,000 Hereford fans and a national television audience.