HUST are delighted to confirm the Hereford Suite, Edgar Street will be the venue for ‘The Tommy Cooper Show’ – Just Like That! on Friday, 31 March 2017 at 7:30pm.
Direct from sell-out successes at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, the ex-West End show promises to be a great night of comedy. Tickets at just £10 each are limited but are already available to purchase via the official Hereford FC website https://herefordfc.cloudvenue.co.uk/
Once purchased online your tickets can be collected from the club shop in a similar way to pre-ordered match-day tickets. We are extremely grateful for the assistance of Hereford FC in staging this event.
Tommy Cooper was a true comic genius. His impeccable timing, misfiring magic, trademark fez and quick-fire gags made him an international star and a true icon of the 20th Century. Now, 30 years since his untimely passing, the appetite for his surreal slapstick, classic routines and snappy one-liners, continues to be re-discovered by old and new fans alike.
“Just Like That!” embarks on a new nationwide tour after sell-out successes at the West End’s Museum of Comedy. This all-encapsulating show features John Hewer (Tony Hancock, Hancock’s Half Hour – The ‘Lost’ Episodes) giving “a perfect illusion of time travel” (The Lost Review) and delivering “nuances both obvious and subtle” (TmeOut) as the man in the fez.
The show, first produced in 2014 to mark 30 years since the comedian’s untimely passing, has enjoyed enormous success nationwide and features classic favourites such as “spoon-jar”, “bottle-glass” and the hilarious “Hats” routine, combined with hidden gems and bumbling magic from Cooper’s extensive back catalogue.
John Hewer “captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” (The Stage) as he brings Cooper back to life in this family-friendly show that’s a must for all generations of knockabout comedy.
For die-hard Cooper fans, it’s the chance to relive those memories and join in the groan-worthy gags and famous routines (plus plenty of lesser-known surprises and belly laughs!) For others, it’s a perfect evening of music-hall inspired entertainment that’ll have you rolling in the aisles – jus’-like-that!
Complete with live musical accompaniment, this highly acclaimed tribute show is “a loving ode to a comic oddball” (Beyond The Joke) and is the perfect celebration of Britain’s favourite comedian.
“If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s ticket, money, money, ticket – just like that!” – Chortle
“Full of inspired lunacy and deep, belly laughs” – Time Out
- “John Hewer is excellent! He’s picked up the nuances both obvious and subtle” – Everything Theatre
- “JohnHewer captures the Cooper style, from the mumbled speech and loud laughter to the awkward giant-body language” – The Stage
- Very much aloving ode to this comic oddball” – Beyond the Joke
- “It delivers on every one of it’s promises. As a love letter to Tommy Cooper, it’s sealed with a loving kiss” – Broadway Baby
- A perfect illusionof time travel” – The Lost Review
- “No one can rival the original, but this is closest you are going to get to seeing Tommy Cooper on stage” – Black Diamond FM
- “If you fancy a trip down memory lane, then it’s money, ticket, ticket, money – JUST LIKE THAT!” – Chortle
- “The dear boy’s a comedy genius!”– Leslie Phillips CBE
- “I never believed it would be possible to recreate the unforgettable Mr. Cooper. John Hewer has proved me wrong.” – Robert Ross (Comedy Historian)